Totem... Bass?

i am auditioning new speakers right now. bookshelves. i really like the sound of, heard the rainmaker and the totem wind. the wind was great but that was a novelty to listen to.... i don't want to spend much more than $2000 and am willing to go used. are there any totem's that have decent bass? the rainmaker's bass sounded fine but was very weak. thanks for the help.
imolazhp_ci
Hawks have very good bass IMHO...the Totem's that lack in bass quantity are Arro floorstanders as well as the bookshelves other than the Mani-2. The rest of the Totem speakers that I've heard have no problem in terms of bass quantity.

FYI, the SHL5 is closer in price to the Mani 2 than to the Model 1. I've heard the SHL5's and Model 1's, and they're not comparable speakers. First off, the presentation is completely different - the Model 1 is a gentle/nimble presentation, whereas the Harbeth is smooth-flowing warm presentation. Secondly, the SHL5 is twice the price of a Model 1 signature. What both have in common is excellent soundstaging.
why have you restricted yourself to "book shelfs"? If you really intend to place them on bookshelfs, then you likely won't find a speaker that provides good bass and belongs on a bookshelf. If you intend to place them on stands, you really should consider Totem's other floor standers - including Arros, Sttafs, Hawks, and Forests. All can be found used for <$2000, all except the Forests can be bought NEW for <$2000. Finally all have excellent bass. Further, they occupy the same of less footprint than a stand mounted bookshelf speaker, AND, you needn't buy a stand - saving at minimum $150.

It's true the Mani-2s have excellent bass (actually excellent everything!), and they can be bought used for <$2000, but they are not a bookshelf speaker. They need a heavy stand. They also need a good deal of power to fully appreciate.
PSB Scynchrony IIB bookshelf speakers have some really good bass, and even the Imagine B's have about 85% of the bass of their big brothers. The former cost $1500, the latter $1000. Unless you listen to a lot of opera or choral music, the latter might be a better deal. I certainly thought so.
Totems have good clean bass in surprising quantities for their size I believe, but at least some of their models are smaller than many at similar price points and that is a handicap in comparison to the best speakers out there in regards to a fulfilling low end.

At competing price points, I think I would lean towards the PSBs as a better value overall, particularly in regards to having a fulfilling low end.