Reimyo DAP 777 - looking for a good transport

I bought a used Reimyo DAP 777 and I'm amazed. Some months ago I was lucky to have lived with the one box CDP 777 for a few days - which I cannot afford. The CDP sounds even more natural and organic, but the DAC offers tremendous value as you manage to get a good fraction of the one box player performance for a lot less money ...

I'm using it with my 508.24 Meridian cd player while I don't get a dedicated transport.

Which transports shoud I consider? CEC? Audio Note? What about the old Wadia's or Teac? I have also the chance of getting a Procee CDD ...

Any insights are warmly welcome :o)

Vermeer
128x128vermeer
Vemeer, I had a CEC TL-1 for six years, feeding a Levinson dac. Very analogue sounding, maybe a little soft in the bass. Two months ago the CEC showed signs of needing a laser assembly, so I sold it A'gon with the warning it needs a laser. Replaced the CEC with Accustic Arts D1 transport and now I can used balanced digital to the DCS Purcell and balanced to the Levinson. The digital cabling is Stereovox HDX2. The sound is stellar, liquid, smooth and very transparent. If there is any way you can try the AA D1 in your system, I think this would be a good voicing match.
Hi Vermeer,
I currently run an Orchid balanced and talked to Chris Sommovigo about his Stereovox HDX2.
He mentioned that it's a more stable and precise cable with simpler construction, I'm gonna try one of these.
I'm also borrowing a Virtual Dynamics Master balanced digital cable tomorrow to compare with my Orchid.
As far as CEC transports, I would much rather have the TL-2X, it's built like a tank and mods can take it to another level.
I have the same DAC, love it as well. I am actually thinking of using a Sony SACD-1 for my transport. Currently I am using a Meridian 588 and a Cal Audio Labs CL-10 as transports. Great sound but I know these are lacking. My other thought was to try a Levinson 30.5, dCS, ora Wadia 27. I am going to try to audition these over the next few months so I will let you know what I think worked well. What is your budget? I would like to keep in touch about this with you. Although we listen to different music, I bet the "sound" we are both looking for is the same.
How do you DAP777 owners like it? Can you compare it to anything we would know? How much is it new/used? Are there any Reimyo dealers in the USA? Thanks
I am using my Reimyo DAP777 since six mounths ,it is a great
dac, I had Vecteur L4.2 cd player being transport though it was a good match between vecteur and my old Chord dac64
I could not get same magic with Reiyo and Vecteur this combo
gave me too much flat, forward and dynamic presentation
I have listened ML39 (which is my friend s player)feeding
Reimyo this combo was perfect, my friend and I never heard
such an organic,texturel analog like presentation before.
Now I am using Audionet Art V2 transport, it really has a good synergy and I am happy with the result but some times I miss a bit punchy and crispy tones dont know this is because of my SET amplification or Audionet is a bit too soft?
I may easily live with this combo being happy but perhaps
because of the upgrade bugs or remembering ML,Reimyo combo
sound I am still in research for a best matched transport with Reimyo( I will even try a Pioneer universal player this week)so please lets share our experience in either this topic or mailing.