Reimyo DAP 777 - looking for a good transport

I bought a used Reimyo DAP 777 and I'm amazed. Some months ago I was lucky to have lived with the one box CDP 777 for a few days - which I cannot afford. The CDP sounds even more natural and organic, but the DAC offers tremendous value as you manage to get a good fraction of the one box player performance for a lot less money ...

I'm using it with my 508.24 Meridian cd player while I don't get a dedicated transport.

Which transports shoud I consider? CEC? Audio Note? What about the old Wadia's or Teac? I have also the chance of getting a Procee CDD ...

Any insights are warmly welcome :o)

Vermeer
128x128vermeer
Pardales, The price new just went from $4495 to $5200 in part of the sagging US dollar overseas. Harmonix also just released upgraded units. Cosmeticaly they are identical they just added the same tuning feet as on the CDP-777. They also improved the PCB design to make the signal flow better, added a 1.5 meter Harmonix PC and some other internal changes I am not aware of but the total wieght of the newer version is 11.5 lbs and the older version was 10 lbs. Audio Limits is an Authorized dealer and May Audio is the US/Canada Distributor
Pardales, I listen mostly to vocalists and the detail and warmth of the human voice is very hard to get just right. To get the detail I have always used silver speaker cables. These all were a little bright with and DAC I used. The detail was awesome but every once in a while I would just wince. With the Reimyo DAP777 DAC, it is perfect. I have all the detail I want with great warmth and soundstage. I spent $2800 for a demo and it is the best money I have spent. I can't quite put my finger on it why it all works but I can't wait to listen to music anytime I am home.
Thank you both for responding to me. It sounds like the DAP777 is very transport dependent? Not that all DAC's aren't somewhat, but is this one particularly sensitive? Thanks
Does the new DAP have the K2 chip like the CDP? I think it is at the root of the excellence of the CDP.