Absolute Best CD Players Out There Under $12k ?

Ok, I'm looking to upgrade my CD Player. It's the last part of my uber-headphone system and I'm hoping to get the best player possible for under $12k used. I know that affords me alot of options, and I imagine I'll do some travelling and testing before I buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Right now, these are the main ones I'm considering:

*Reimyo CDP-777
*Linn Sondek CD12
*Naim CDS3/XPS2
*Wadia 270/27
*Wadia 861se w/Statement mod from GNSC
*Meridian 808
*EMM Labs Meitner CDSD/Dac6
*Esoteric DV-50 with full mods from Reference Audio Mods
*Classe Omega SACD

I'm not so much into characteristics - the overall performance is more important for me. But I do need a player with great bass (both in extension, detail, and volume) as my headphones are a bit bass shy. Any reviews/comparisons would be much appreciated.
no1willfan
Whitewind:

The dCS gear is absolutely state of the art, but it's interesting: I had the exact opposite impression as you. I compared the full dCS stack with the EMM DCC2/CDSD combo in my system, and I thought the EMM had superior resolution and dynamics, and was a good deal more natural sounding. (I find that it's stunning clarity often gets confused with coldness or brightness.) Also, the EMM accomplishes with two components what the dCS needs four to do. That's not a small consideration for the space-challenged among us. Just my humble opinion, of course.
No1willfan - there are many players that are not Meitner-sounding. Many of the ones that you mention are great, including the modded DV50 and Wadia 861.

Funny how some set the Meitner as the height of their bar.

A competent man, no matter how loud he shouts and tries to make his business look bigger or better out of financial considerations would not have to resort to self-promotion like the one is obviously doing at every lame opportunity here, do you think? I'm getting rather tired of him...
Deb
Deb:

To whom are you referring as the man who has to "resort to self-promotion like the one is obviously doing at every lame opportunity here." I'd be curious to know.
Deb - Maybe I'm missing something here.

With regard to anyone who has stated his/her opinion about Meitner, it was precisely that... an opinion.

How is somone's opinion of Meitner gear self-promotion?

From your comments, you are referring to a specific individual, and the last I checked Ed Meitner hasn't posted in this thread.

If you have an axe to grind with whoever "him" is, I'd appreciate it if you'd take it somewhere else! I personally learn alot from valueable opinions of others, including the ones who prefer Meitner.

Gary
hey deb - you do realize that alex (aplhifi) is one of EMM's competitors, don't you?

ed meitner has never posted in this thread.

jtinn is an audiogon member who sells meitner stuff and he hasn't posted in this thread.

andreas koch has never posted in this thread.

in fact, it only seems that satisfied customers (myself included) have ever posted pro-meitner in this thread or anywhere else on audiogon.

do you have any proof before you throw out crazy accusations? or do you think he's paying a competitor to speak well of his products?