Absolute Best CD Players Out There Under $12k ?

Ok, I'm looking to upgrade my CD Player. It's the last part of my uber-headphone system and I'm hoping to get the best player possible for under $12k used. I know that affords me alot of options, and I imagine I'll do some travelling and testing before I buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Right now, these are the main ones I'm considering:

*Reimyo CDP-777
*Linn Sondek CD12
*Naim CDS3/XPS2
*Wadia 270/27
*Wadia 861se w/Statement mod from GNSC
*Meridian 808
*EMM Labs Meitner CDSD/Dac6
*Esoteric DV-50 with full mods from Reference Audio Mods
*Classe Omega SACD

I'm not so much into characteristics - the overall performance is more important for me. But I do need a player with great bass (both in extension, detail, and volume) as my headphones are a bit bass shy. Any reviews/comparisons would be much appreciated.
no1willfan
RE Lazarus28: Thanks for the clarification. Is there any difference in sound quality between the two? If not I really wouldn't need the 6 channels with my system being a headphone system and all so I guess I'd be looking for the DCC2.

RE Aplhifi: Thanks for the Zanden suggestion. I've never even heard of them. FYI I'm just looking for a superb redbook player. I don't own any SACDs and I've put too much time and money into collecting my current CD collection to switch now. So I'm not looking for a SACD player unless it also happens to play redbook CDs really well.

Thanks.
Hooper -> the dCS stack I'm reffering to is 3 box solution. (You can run it without the external clock with small quality penalty, and then you have only 2 boxes).

Since you mentioned 4 boxes, I assume that you have listened to the older dCS stack - Verdi transport + Purcell upsampler. The latest transport I'm reffering to - Verdi LaScala - has the upsampling option built in, and is better sounding than Verdi + Purcel combination (for whatever reason).

I agree with you that EMM has superior resolution and dynamics. The problem of EMM gear is, that to my ears, it is a bit lean/cold sounding, the midrange lacks body and natural warmth. The EMM is like Valhalla cables in this regard - there are many ppl who swear by them, and as many (me including) who think that they sound "clean but thin".

I must also note that I have only listened to both EMM/dCS combinations on Redbook CD, so I cannot comment on their SACD performance.

It well may be true that EMM is superior on SACD, as Alex said. I personally do not care about SACD.
no1willfan: no difference in sound quality between the two, no.

the EMM gear does redbook better than anything i've ever heard, although i've not heard many of the uber high-end players.

since he's too modest to mention it, aplhifi also has several extremely well-regarded units. you'll notice that he says best "stock" performace. he believes that his modded units (based around different players) outperform these stock units mentioned here.

i cannot say whether or not they do, as i've not heard them. they're really popular, though.
It seems the EMM Labs combo is mighty popular on here. Interesting. Can anyone offer a good review on on the Reimyo, CDS3, or CD12?
Whitewind:

Yeah, I listened to the older dCS stack. I have to try to audition the new setup or find someone who has it. I've heard a number of people accuse the Meitner of being "thin" or "analytical." I certainly wouldn't call it warm or lush, but I think that "cold" sound that many hear is the unit's awesome accuracy. That's just my opinion, of course, and many will probably disagree. To my ears at least, the EMM is very natural sounding, but it isn't warm, and it's super-revealing nature might turn some off. By the way, the EMM's SACD playback is absolutely stunning. It's the best I've heard by far, but I can't claim to have heard everything out there. In addition: Were you listening to the EMM with the Phillips transport or the CDSD? The Phillips was pretty mediocre; the CDSD is in another universe altogether.

Alex: I was seriously considering the Zanden setup--much to the chagrin of my bankbook, I might add--before I came across the Meitner. I had a chance to audition both in my boss's system (the EMM was using the CDSD transport, which is a quantum improvement over the Phillips, as you probably know). While I loved certain things about the Zanden--notably it's ease of presentation and overall naturalness--it was a bit TOO warm and "slow" for my taste. The EMM had equivalent or superior transparency and resolution, and was a bit faster on transients, IMHO. And this was listening on redbook. I know a few people who own the Zanden, and they rave about it--and I can certainly see why. It just wasn't my cup of tea. And, at this price level, ya gotta follow your instincts. By the way, I love your products. I've heard several of them at various people's houses, and I've been consistently impressed. Congrats on bringing SOTA performance to the masses.