Absolute Best CD Players Out There Under $12k ?

Ok, I'm looking to upgrade my CD Player. It's the last part of my uber-headphone system and I'm hoping to get the best player possible for under $12k used. I know that affords me alot of options, and I imagine I'll do some travelling and testing before I buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Right now, these are the main ones I'm considering:

*Reimyo CDP-777
*Linn Sondek CD12
*Naim CDS3/XPS2
*Wadia 270/27
*Wadia 861se w/Statement mod from GNSC
*Meridian 808
*EMM Labs Meitner CDSD/Dac6
*Esoteric DV-50 with full mods from Reference Audio Mods
*Classe Omega SACD

I'm not so much into characteristics - the overall performance is more important for me. But I do need a player with great bass (both in extension, detail, and volume) as my headphones are a bit bass shy. Any reviews/comparisons would be much appreciated.
no1willfan
I definitely prefer the tonal warmth that tubes can provide. Especially with my Supra that uses 6SN7s to their full potential. It provides alot of sound options when selecting tubes. I'm thinking an accurate, neutral, and revealing source might be the perfect blank slate I would need to sculp the rest of the sound with tubes. I already love the superb tone and musicality of my headphones. Combined with great tubes it's a magical combination but it really needs some real "oomph!" on the front end which is why I was considering either the EMM Labs or Reimyo which I also hear is incredibly accurate and non-intrusive.
Hooper -> I have listened to the CDSD/DCC2 combo with EMM optical cables throughout. Once again - I think that EMM combo does many things extraordinary well, and I can see why ppl rave about it. It's just not my cup of tea.

I have listened to the both dCS stack and EMM combo through Nagra PL-P preamp and Nagra VPA monoblocks fitted with KR845 tubes.
Whitewind:

Fair enough. There are certainly a lot of different ways up the audio mountain, and I don't think one is necessarily more valid than any other. The Meitner certainly isn't infallible--nothing is--and there are plenty of other, equally deserving options out there. Good luck!
The CD-12 makes everything else sound broken.

Is that hyperbole? Or, have you actually heard everything else out there?