Absolute Best CD Players Out There Under $12k ?

Ok, I'm looking to upgrade my CD Player. It's the last part of my uber-headphone system and I'm hoping to get the best player possible for under $12k used. I know that affords me alot of options, and I imagine I'll do some travelling and testing before I buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Right now, these are the main ones I'm considering:

*Reimyo CDP-777
*Linn Sondek CD12
*Naim CDS3/XPS2
*Wadia 270/27
*Wadia 861se w/Statement mod from GNSC
*Meridian 808
*EMM Labs Meitner CDSD/Dac6
*Esoteric DV-50 with full mods from Reference Audio Mods
*Classe Omega SACD

I'm not so much into characteristics - the overall performance is more important for me. But I do need a player with great bass (both in extension, detail, and volume) as my headphones are a bit bass shy. Any reviews/comparisons would be much appreciated.
no1willfan
Whitewind:

Fair enough. There are certainly a lot of different ways up the audio mountain, and I don't think one is necessarily more valid than any other. The Meitner certainly isn't infallible--nothing is--and there are plenty of other, equally deserving options out there. Good luck!
The CD-12 makes everything else sound broken.

Is that hyperbole? Or, have you actually heard everything else out there?
RE: jennmoor@earthlink.net

Interesting opinion. I know that was a widely held one back in '98/'99 when the CD12 first came out. But I've heard from a good number of people that there have been many better players that have come out in the last 5 years - mostly in the DAC department. A friend of mine who used to sell Linn products said the transport is still one of the best out there but the DAC is lacking compared to some newer players. In fact he said that's the reason Linn stopped making them - because there was no way they could change the design without sacrificing some quality so they just decided to discontinue it.
If I may jump in, I should like to mention my preferred CD/SACD player of record, the single box Teac Esoteric X-01. I have posted a short review here on audiogon where I compared it to the Bel Canto PL1-A and the Bermester 001. See:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ddgtl&1090867688&openfrom&1&4#1
I have not heard the EMM so I am not going to comment on it. I have heard the CDS big stack two years ago, but only once. While I did like it enough, it did not leave a strong impression.
Since my original audition in NYC, I have listened to the X-01 several more times, at length especially at a friend's place. My initial subjective impressions of extremely elegant yet unadorned musical accuracy stand. I am planning to acquire a unit next month.