Opinion on McIntosh MCD 201 SACD player

Anyone has experience with this new player ? How does measure up to other SACD players around similar price level ?
greeni
Well I finally got another unit manufactured in July. Almost a 7 week wait. Still the same transport noise .
This unit still has a loud spin noise playing SACD (nature of the beast?)but better when playing regular cd. For this price it should be almost silent, in my opinion. The player does reproduce great sound though. I'll probably keep it just because I have the other McIntosh componets. Also, the SACD does sound better than the cd, but it is overrated for the extra cost.
One would think that Mac would have dealt with all the problems in the MCD201. Perhaps a recall to install autoformers would fix the problem. The buyers agita could be understood in a $50 Tosh, not an expensive unit using buyers as beta testers.
Porziob, funny how you would repost the exact same comment which Ron-C has already answer you over at the AudioKarma forums. Since you are so inclined to repeat your question, I shall repost Ron-C's answer for you once again:

Ron-C...."Porziob, I see you have migrated over from the Asylum. You always have negative comments about McIntosh so we all should expect the same here.
As far as the McIntosh output autoformer it is the best technical solution to make a transistor amp flexible, deliver the lowest possible distortion with the highest signal to noise ratio, run cool and have a long life. The drawbacks are of course size and cost. If you are buying a premium amp why shouldn't you get all the power you pay for regardless of which speaker you chose?

You can of course research this on the AK threads so you don't look so 'clueless' with your silly comments.

The list of speaker manufacturers, and reviewers who have purchased and use autoformer coupled McIntosh amps continues to grow. Since these folks use every type of amp I wonder why they continue to prefer McIntosh?"

There you have it.