Stillpoints Ultra SS under your speakers?

Hi,

I'd like to hear anyone's experiences with replacing their speaker spikes with the Stillpoint Ultra SS isolation/vibration control devices. I did a search and found a few related threads, but I would like to hear more. I want to try them under my Merlin VSM-M's, and yes I know Bobby will strongly disapprove...
BTW, if it matters, my speakers are on a carpeted suspended wood floor.
Thanks!
heymikey
Tbg, Thanks that is probably where I heard it from.
I'm always game for experimenting so I'll try to loosen them up tomorrow.
Ozzy, Stillpoints should be backed off from the base of whatever they are used on. About the width of a playing/credit card. Also make sure that the "cap" is also is also not turned tightly. It should be about a half turn or so. Basically you want to "brake contact" between them and not have the cap tight.
Yes, and on the Ultra SSs, where you need to unlock the hardhat, if you have them mounted on threads, you need to remember that when screw them up, you will also be screwing the hard hat down and tightening it. This is no issue for the Ultra Fives or the Ultra Minis.
Hifial, Tbg, Thanks for the helpful comments. I'll make the adjustments this weekend.
When used with the optional Ultra base, should the Ultra SS and Ultra 5 be tightly screwed into the base or unscrewed 1/4 turn(as is recommended when the Ultras are mounted directly into speakers)?

When attached directly to an MDF speaker and unscrewed 1/4 turn, be careful not to lift the speakers by grabbing onto the Stillpoints device. This can rip the threaded anchor out of the cabinet.

In response to OP, I compared Ultra 5, Ultra SS, and Star Sound Audiopoints to stock Merlin points in my modified VSM-MX. Both Stillpoints and Audiopoints surpass stock Merlin footers. The isolating Stillpoints do a particularly good job on carpeted surfaces, where conventional points can't get a solid footing to couple as designed. In addition, four Stillpoints surpass three in every application that I've tried.