Oppo BDP-83 optical out for 2ch stereo from blu-r?

OK, this may be a dumb question, but for the best sound from blu-ray (or dvd) discs should I go with the Oppo 83's analog stereo outs to my preamp, or use it's optical digital output into my outboard dac? Note that I do not have muti-channel capability, my stereo rig is 2 channel only. I am using the Oppo 83 for blu-ray, not as a cd player. For example, a concert on blu-ray disc. Would a HMDI audio de-embedder (hmdi-to-optical digital spdif) converter be something I should look into? Any advice on how to get the best 2 channel sound out of the blu-ray player would be appreciated.
Thanks!
heymikey
Am doing the A/B listening now, connected the analog outputs with a 3m pair of Kimber Hero's. So far, the toslink into the Weiss Dac2 (it does have a toslink input after all, duh) sounds better than the analog output direct to the preamp, which does not utilize the outboard Weiss dac. When you switch back & forth, the toslink connection is quite a bit louder and I have to adjust the volume as I do so. The toslink connection sounds more dynamic, I would imagine due to it's connection to the dac. The analog connection seems a little more laid back, possibly with a bit darker sound. I'll have to do some more listening, and be sure my audio setting are correct.
Thanks to all!
Thanks for opinions. Can you all suggest me which is the best matching external DAC for Oppo bdp-83 to use hi-rez audio.