What happens when?

What happens when you run a MC phono cartridge into a MM phono input on a pre?
128x128lesvan
You'll need to turn the volume on your preamp all the way up, and then go sit right in front of your speakers wearing a hearing aid . . . . . . .
Most MM inputs provide a 47K ohm load. MC cartridges usually need far lower load impedances, in the 100 - 2000 ohm range. In additin to insufficient gain you'll get response anaolies due to load mismatch.

Having said that, many high output MC cartridges are designed to work with a standard 47K MM input and will not have a problem with gain or impedance match.
My 91 yr. old Dad has an hearing aid I can borrow, he never uses them................. Now I was looking at a Mcintosh with a phono section (C41) it would match my MC352............ right now I'm using a Monolithic phono pre (PS-1) my cartridge is the Blue Point special evo 3........ it has the 47k load and 2.5 output which might work with the Mcintosh. Maybe a little on the weak side? Thanks for the responses everyone.
Your Evo 3 is a high output moving coil cartridge and it's basically designed to work with moving magnet phonostages that are built into a lot of good preamps like the C41. It won't be weak, it'll be just right.