What happens when?

What happens when you run a MC phono cartridge into a MM phono input on a pre?
128x128lesvan
My 91 yr. old Dad has an hearing aid I can borrow, he never uses them................. Now I was looking at a Mcintosh with a phono section (C41) it would match my MC352............ right now I'm using a Monolithic phono pre (PS-1) my cartridge is the Blue Point special evo 3........ it has the 47k load and 2.5 output which might work with the Mcintosh. Maybe a little on the weak side? Thanks for the responses everyone.
Your Evo 3 is a high output moving coil cartridge and it's basically designed to work with moving magnet phonostages that are built into a lot of good preamps like the C41. It won't be weak, it'll be just right.
The real question is what happens when you use a highout put MM with a phono stage set up for real low output MCs. I guess you sit there with a catchers mitt grabbing pieces of speaker cones and motors or leave the attenuator on max defeat, and listen for cross talk, selecting your tuner source even if you don't own a tuner.
Nsgarch thanks for the good news on the matching of components....... if the phono section sounds better in the Mcintosh I'll save on shelf space too.