Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
Hi Sondale

I'm in UK (Wales) and caught up with this thread yesterday. Then I happened to be in a Lidl store yesterday afternoon and they had handheld steamers like those described for £15.00. Bought one but haven't tried it yet.
UK friends, I hope a store is close to sondale's residence. I still intend to follow-up on the exact wall wart for the SF 227.
I got a steamer from Walgreens, got it set up next to my VPI RCM. During the vacuum cycle I steam the record at the same time, they come out squeeky clean. I just use a home brew of distilled water, alcohol and dish soap to clean and distilled water in the steamer.

Mike
I have stopped using record cleaning fluids during steaming. I Just use R/O water in the Perfection steamer, steam twice. I don't think they would come out any better using cleaning fluids. Also it's a cheap way to go too. R/O water costs me .49 cents a gallon at the tropical fish store. Anybody else using R/O water to steam clean their records? Any comments?