DIY Record Cleaning Solution

I just purchased a vpi 17 record cleaner. I'd like to make my own solution. Any suggestions? What has worked for you?
jimateo
Those of you that use Isopropyl you must be careful. Isoproply will harden vinyl. Use Everclear 190 proof grain alcohol. It will not harm your vinyl.
I use a combination of Distilled water, Everclear (190 proof grain alcohol) and Dawn original blue dishwash. Three parts water 1 part Everclear and about 3 to 5 drops of dawn. The alcohol and dawn will give a sudsing action on the vinyl surface. If you use a brush like the scrubbing brush that comes with a VPI it will get allot of dirt off those LP's. I have friends that just use the Everclear and distilled water with great results also. After scrubbing pat the record dry with a lint free cloth. I usually clean both sides then pat it dry. I haven't used my VPI Record Clean machine in a long while.
What do you mean "isopropyl will harden vinyl", how so? This is the first I ever heard of this. I have been using isopropyl for awhile without any problems. Do you have any other information or source for this? Not that I doubt you, but I don't want to damage my records.
Maclogan, your always thrashing folks on threads about record cleaning. I'd be interested to hear what you use for cleaning your records.

For Jimateo, search the archives. Use whatever the hell formula you want on your records. Be aware that there is no one cleaner that will work in all circumstances if you buy used records. You will need an alcohol based-cleaner (not on those old 78's!) and you will probably at some point need an enzyme-based cleaner. You will always need a good, quality rinse water.
Dan_Ed, I welcome Maclogan's comments, and with my participation in this thread, only hope to perhaps help him, make him see another side, rather than alienate him, and make an enemy. Enemies are easy to make, and who needs enemies, in the real world, or online.

And your comments are well taken, and that's exactly why I use either a 3, or 4 step AIVS process to clean all my LP's. None get discriminated against. When my new Mo-Fi Santana's came a month ago, out came the 16.5 an AIVS. The LP's were the ugliesy Mo-Fi's I have in my possession. Looked like somebody walked over them, but they played dead quiet.
My biggest concerns about DIY, is using friendly chemicals, and chemicals, waters that have the lowest solidity content. Mark
I THINK A FEW OF YOU ARE WAY OFF BASE. THIS THREAD WAS INITIATED BY ME, TO FIND OUT WHAT DIY FORMULAS WERE OUT THERE. WHAT DO YOU USE? WHAT FORMULA? THAT SORT OF THING...
THIS WASN'T INTENDED TO BE A DEBATE ON THE "CONCEPT".
PLEASE SEND ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE FOR CLEANERS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR YOU, AND LET US ALL KNOW WHAT DOESN'T WORK.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.