DIY Record Cleaning Solution

I just purchased a vpi 17 record cleaner. I'd like to make my own solution. Any suggestions? What has worked for you?
jimateo
Mark, I appreciate your position. However, by talking down to people Maclogan is alienating himself. I simply asked if he would be willing to share his own formula for cleaning LPs. I have no plans to attack him on this, even if he uses brillow pads.
One point brought up by others, the purity of the water in the mix or in your rinse is critical. Low purity water may leave deposits. I used Distilled water that has a second RO polish step. I get it from a laboratory in the refinery i work at. Good luck with trying some of the formulations. Again, the one i highlighted earlier has served me well for many years.
Hello Dan_Ed/All,
Of course topics such as this have been beaten to death across the internet over the years, and it's an age old battle. I reckon nothing will ever change in regards to this, and the different "camps" as to who's wrong, and who's right.

The issue at hand, is what is actually good enough?
If a person wishes to use Dawn, Windex, 409, Spray+Wash, and the many other off the shelf products, and feel that they accomplish the needed tasks, well then, I reckon that's fine if they're happy.

The questions that arise in my mind, and I'm sure other's minds as well, is the consideration of a product being either too agressive for it's task, or not agressive enough. The correct answer, just like the "Three Bears", is you want a product-products that do the job "juuust right".

One might think "well, if I only use just purified-6 time Distilled Water to clean my records, how can I get into trouble, and I cannot harm my valued records", but the truth is, by not removing dirt, grime, biological contaminants (Molds-Fungus-etc) and then running a Stylus through this mess, one does indeed harm thier Vinyl, as well as placing additional wear on Stylus too. Lastly, and just important, you will not fully achieve extracting every nuance, and sould quality the vinyl is capable of producing.

The choice of course as said earlier, must be each, and every vinyl fan's choice to use what they please.

I would only suggest again for the original poster, as others have suggested, you have gone to the length, and expense of acquiring a great RCM machine, now go the rest of the way, and acquire top quality cleaning brushes, and the highest quality Cleaning Products. You will then see the synergistic match of how they go so well together, and your vinyl will look, and sound the best that they can. You will not regret using high quality trusted cleaners Mark
Well said, Mark. First, do no harm. Second, get everything off. Third, be proud you did it your way.