DIY Record Cleaning Solution

I just purchased a vpi 17 record cleaner. I'd like to make my own solution. Any suggestions? What has worked for you?
jimateo
Norman,

How about posting the formula or the link to the formula in Stereophile. I Googled it but to no avail. I also went to Stereophile web site but could not find it.

You bet.

Send an email to n@normansizemore.com and I will email you a PDF scan of the magazine page.

Norman
Cameronbs==Thanks for the comment. as you say, even steamers can deliver impurities if the initial water quality is bad. I work in a oil refinery(hence the handle) and see the insides of boilers that use ultra pure water because they make 1200 psig steam. The water will leave a residue and in cases we have a small contamination of "regular" tapwater, the boiler will quickly shut down due to tube pluggage. Some may ask how steam can have impurities. Its due to carryover or small droplet entrainment in the steam. Bottom line, the purer the water, the less deposits you will get.
To Markd51:

Someone asked a civil question. I answered it.

So your problem is ????
I have no problems, but as I say previously, I read your posts "you" provided a link to on the other forum in thier entirety. Thank you for sharing those with all of us here, they clear up, any doubts "which camp" you come from. Mark