Geffen Records lp's

I have 3 Geffen records, all mint, and they are without question the biggest letdowns (sonically) in my collection. I have bought doubles in the hopes that I had simply gotten 'bad' copies to no avail.
Anyone else share this experience? Or can you point me to some good geffen pressings? They were a killer label!
hxt1
I have the weezer blue album which was originially recorded and released under geffen, there was a Geffen Release and a Universal release, neither sounded as good as the CD.

depends on the time frame for the releases I guess. Geffen, probably like most labels all but gave up on the vinyl format from the mid 80s until recenly with the re-hip-ification of LP's.

The recording and mastering process was devoted to producing a frequency range more suited for digital played back. Its likely they never even made a second mix/master for vinyl and just pressed from the digital master.
My experience is exactly the opposite, though I don't know if I have any Geffen pop/rock LPs. I have three Pat Metheny Geffen LPs (Still Life (Talking), Letter From Home, and Question and Answer), and they are some of the best commercial pressings I have, easily on a par with '70s-era ECM jazz records.

In fact, Question and Answer has exceptional dynamics, especially Roy Haynes' drumming, and I don't know how they managed that given that the pressing has over 30 minutes per side.
"Double Fantasy" by John Lennon on Geffen is not bad as I recall.

On the other extreme the first "Asia" album from Geffen about a year or two later is a huge letdown as you describe.

I don't know if any more meaning can be inferred other than some were good and some were bad as was common with many labels back then.