Is the Basis 2001 a solid enough table to keep.

If I bought a Basis 2001 table only, could I make it a great turntable with the addition of a well thought out arm and cartridge combo? Or not try to re-invent the wheel (My first turntable in 20 plus years). Or should I try buying a complete setup i.e. Nottingham Space Deck w/space arm or VPI Classic?
Thanks, Greg
gandme
Some years ago I did listen to a comparison with that Table and a rewired Rega RB300 Arm, it was much better (tonality, detail, simply more real..) than well known combinations 5x more expensive. But it doesn't look that "important", it has the brain inside. I think you can upgrade it with Suspension and so on.
Same motor as the top of the line Basis tables. A Vector would be the best arm for that table. I owned an older model 2001 for a couple of years and it was a solid performer. As you move up the line into the thicker, heavier platters the bass impact improves.
Yes, all of their tables, even the cheapest are built to very high standards (very close tolerance machining) and will perform well for a long time. The 2001 model has a top quality bearing and motor, which are very important to achieving quiet operation.

If you are looking at a used table, consider buying a new belt. Belts do wear out, and the current model belt is ground to very tight tolerances and performs much better than the older belts.

The Vector arm would be the logical choice for this table, but even a cheaper arm, like the Rega RB 300, should work well. This table does not have a separate armboard, so, once a hole is drilled for the arm, you may be limited in terms of future upgrade of tonearms, so this should be factored into your choice. It might pay to call A.J. Conti at Basis to discuss arm options.