Vinyl lovers I must be crazy

I have been in the hobby for about 40 years and it seems that I enjoyed my simple system back in the 70's more than my high end system of today. My old system consisted of a receiver (sherwood, marantz) a basic turntable (later upgraded ro a B&O) and various speakers. My current system the cables cost 5 times the entire 70's system and the rest of the gear is top notch. I am not saying the 1970's system was better but I think I enjoyed it much better than today's system. The 70's system was a all vinyl system and my current system I strictly listen to Cd's. Is that the problem listening to CD's? For you vinyl lovers what do you think? For those that made the switch back to playing records are you listening more now? Enjoying your system more? What type of vinyl dollar outlay did it cost to reach vinyl nirvana?

Any feedback would be appreicated. Thanks!
bobheinatz
Sorry, I wear a hair shirt to atone for my wayward ways....
Anyway i have a great selection of used Lps in my area. I can go to four good used places and find Lps I want in the $1 to $8 range anytime. With the good places, i do not even have to bother with the less than stellar places!!
I don't buy any Lps unless they look pristine either. I keep my collecton at the 6,000 limit of my shelves, and gradually toss stuff when my new purchases start crowding the space up. So the collection has been improving gradually and now i can say it is pretty good. I usually suggest to folks interested in starting to do LPs, that they should check out the used LP sellers in thier area first, to see what sort of vinyl is available locally.
Good luck,...
And i will beat myself with a stick again for listening to CDs. (but not very hard or long, being lazy ;)
My computer man (I refuse to call him a geek) has a degree and a number of certificates. I don't know or care, how he has arranged a modified phono input and DAC output that allows me to hear vinyl from my playback list which sounds the same as if I were spinning it on the rig.
Then your computer man has solved the audio problem that has eluded the entire recording industry since the inception of digital. Having digital sound the same as analog and having it sound the same to you are two different matters. If he's devised a digital system that authentically duplicates the sound of analog, he's going to be a rich man and I'll gladly be his first customer.
The playback sounds better than straight to the pre. This could be due to the modified phono input to the computer.

Duaneadam, which sounds the best, CD's from your CD player, or CD's from your playback on the PC.
Could be your pre is sending your analog signal through a digital processor which would explain why you're not hearing much difference. My CD players and computers route to the same converter (Weiss DAC1MK2) so the difference is negligible.