Breaking in power cords

Can I break in my new power cord by connecting it to a lamp and then leaving it on fulltime? Various threads indicate hundreds of hours of break in time in the audio system, and I don't want to wait months and months for the benefits. Has anyone tried this method?
suttlaw
I agree with Sean and Warrenh, however I prefer the refrigerator because I have to run it any way and itÂ’s not an additional use of power. :-)!
Many good ideas. I checked the ad by btstrg and liked the idea of daisy chaining my PCs (I got four new ones)to an oscillating fan. I'd use the refrigerator idea, but it would be hard to fit four PCs behind it and they would get dirty as well. Also with the heater, I'd have to deal with the heat and possible problems if it got knocked around when I wasn't there. Also my wife would probably notice that one more quickly, and she already thinks I'm crazy with "extension" cords the size of garden hoses. Thanks for the help.
I went in 3rds on a Audiodharma Cable Cooker. This thing is majic! It runs a hi current sweeptone through the connected cable wether it be speaker,power, or interconnect. I even used it on my component video cables for my DVD player. Turns out that blasting your dielectric with hi current is only part of the puzzle. This is only going to stress the dielectric at 60Hz. It needs to be stressed at all the frequencies in the audio band ie: 20hz-20Khz hence the sweep tone. Ayre Acoustics makes a CD with these same principles in mind....i have not used the disc so i cant comment. I think a cooker is the way to go
I have heard, that no matter how broken in your ics, pcs, or cables, doing them, after, with a cable cooker will bring them to an even higher, descernable, sonic level. anybody on this?