What is the most decadent, most self indulgent--

.......most frivilous item you've ever bought for your stereo system-- make it over $100. bucks. BTW, the "car thread" prompted me to start this one.

I'll confess. I bought a 2nd Levinson M37 transport when I already have a perfectly fine M37. I love this transport as besides having excellent sound characteristics and build quality, it allows for PERMANENT disc and track programming and will store the programs for 1,000s of discs.

I couldn't help it-- the component was beautiful, the price fair, and lust was "running high" at the time. Cheers. Craig
garfish
I fell into the HT trap back in the late 90's. So, the Lexicon, etc, etc. I thought to myself "self, this will do good 2 channel and there's all these new HT 5.1 formats, not to mention DTS, it's gotta be good!". Ahem,.......
Not a year later I commenced to taking over the master bedroom here as a dedicated two channel room, Big $$$ in BAT 50SE, Levinson 33H's etc, etc, etc.

Now if you think that was self-indulgent..........
I recently bought a tube pre for the HT system........
Some new (to me) IRS Betas for mains, and on and on.

The show never ends!
Well people, I had kind of forgotten about HT-- a whole other story, eg I have every "backup component" I need for music in my admittedly "half-assed" HT system. I mean who actually "needs" a Muse M2 DAC in their HT system?-- not to mention, SF Line 1 pre-amp, McCormack DNA-0.5DX amp etc-- well, OK the amp and pre fit, but I very very seldom use this gear for music with our 46" TV, but it is all hooked up. So I suppose all this "extra" gear is pretty self indulgent.

Maybe you've noted re the "car thread" that my wife and I drive pretty modest vehicles.

Jeff; I was interested in hearing from you and Sean too 'cuz I know from your postings that both of you have a LOT of gear-- backups to backups, multiple redundancies etc. Here's to lust (make that zest, bliss, happiness etc.) Craig
My third Blue Note first pressing of Cannonball Adderly's "Something Else". Once you hear Miles' trumpet on "Autumn Leaves" all else is gaslight.
First pressings of Something Else is not frivolous it is like coffee in the morning!
I'd like to contribute to this thread, but i've never spent any money on a product that i didn't think was well worth it and completely usefull. I am a perfect shopper and not one that leans towards excess : ) Sean
>

BAH-HAHAHA....