Interconnects: solid or hollow core wire?

Which makes for better interconnects, all else being equal, single core or hollow core wire? Thin or thick gauge? Experience first, theory second!
pmboyd
All Solid Core DNM Wire in my system. DNM HFTN IC's and the Stereo version speaker wire. Very natural and a good bargain. Do a search and read all about them.
I like a noise-rejecting braided or woven bundle of various gauges of solid core wire. Examples include Kimber, AudioQuest, Cardas, and the Zu I have, which even varies the metallurgy and dielectric among the individual strands, and PS Audio XStream which I also have, but is no longer made.

I also have a subwoofer cable by Analysis Plus, which is woven copper forming a hollow oval, and it sounds fine to me too. I am also impressed as hell by Transparent Cable, which uses network boxes on most of its products and I have no idea what its cable topology is. If I could afford anything, I'd probably have a fairly high level of Transparent. Lacking that I have a mishmash of PS AUdio and Kimber on my HT system and all Zu on my 2-channel analog system.
I just swapped out some unmatched stranded everything (off to my vintage cable museum!) for newer A'quest balanced and single ended ICs, solid core digital (coax) and solid core speaker. Nothing particularly pricey, and I did keep one old stranded Straightwire IC for a headphone amp because it looks cool (so sue me..it's blue with groovy plugs). There is some synergy there now and somehow solid core makes sense to my addled brain. I think the electrons are happy and moving along properly and my system sounds better...the major "skin effect" issue I have now is attended to by my dermatologist.
For the money, if anyone knows of a better deal than Mapleshade I am all ears!
Mapleshade seems too obscure to find at a discount (used or demo) so I think A'quest (for solid core anyway) is a better deal if you are patient enough to wait and not pay retail. For example, I found some clean Diamondback balanced ICs for $65 a pair. Hard to beat.