Don't read you'll be sorry

Just got my new Audioquest K 2 speaker cables from DH GATE yep I said it. I bought my previous Audioquest cables from my former employer [Audio Buys] Summer job pre wiring houses. Still great friends. Anyway paid their cost for a brand spanking new pair of "Bed Rock" cables I was so proud. So what I know are quote un quote real Audioquest cables just got blown away by a $380.00 total cost [shipped door to door in 6 days] pair of Audioquest k2's from DH Gate.
tycobb
Have we just come full circle from my orginal post? We truly are a strange breed. As I count 3 items have been purchased as a result.

I did do a head to head w/ my "bed rocks" before trashing mine. The "ha" K2's were, hate to say it better all around. I might be an ass but I'm a honest ass. Mine are long gone [trashman came yesterday] MIT's are supposed to be here FRI. So I'll be posting experience w/ them as well. If you guys turn around and buy 3 sets of them as a result....................................good times.
All I can say, is that I cant tell if mine are real or fake from the packaging or the actual cables. There is nothing externally to give it away. I dont intend to cut into mine to check. All I can say is that if they are fake, someone is going through an awful lot of expense and trouble for little gain. Since I have seen K2 advertised for anthing from $380 to $3500 to $7000 to $14,000, what is the real price? and who is being dishonest? the $7000 seller? The $14000 seller or the $380 seller. How would I know if the $14000 cables came from the same place as the $380 cables? you can't tell from the package or product unless you do like PBN and cut it open. Who is going to do that on a $14000 cable. I wish Audioquest would speak up and tell us definitively what the differnce is, if any. I dont intend to buy any more,but I have satisfied my curiosity.
If you would allow me to "help" if needed. You should be able to remove 1 of the connections. Either end. My bet is they are the same as everyone else got. There are very small arrows on the individual wires black and red. As well as the words bass and treble.
Manitunc

I agree with you - its definitely $ 380 well spent - the wire is well made, have good connectors and it appears to have the right geometry - in my system it sounds "lighter" than my Kimber 16TC which is custom made for me by the great folks a Kimber. For what its worth my "K2" are terminated in the "right" direction with the arrows on the internal leads pointing in the direction of the signal flow, and this really does not matter much, the way the wire is terminated determine the way of the directionality , the shield connected to ground at the amplifier end - however Im puzzled by this - it indicate that the wire is not intended for use with differential mono blocks like mine. Some folks my say that the way the internal conductors are spun - ie clock wise or counter clock wise for the negative vs the positive leads matters - I think not.

If you like the wires then that is all that maters, enjoy the music, sounds like you are :-)

"Part way through dinner the wife commented on how good the system sounded and I could see her getting distracted by the music as she got in the groove."

- can not be better than that.

As always good listening

Peter
Manitunc, It would be interesting if they both weighed the same! See if you can get AQ to give you total grams on a K2.