"Splitter" used for Monoblock Operation?

This may be a stupid question, but here goes anyway.

Being completely new to the "High-er End Audio" this is all a little overwhelming, not to mention expensive. Nonetheless, fun and challenging.

I am trying to cable components that were recently purchased, in fact, they are still in boxes. Here is the equipment list:

Pre-amplifier - BAT (Balanced Audio Technologies) VK-52SE
(Which is a balanced tube preamp)

Monoblock Amplifiers - Spectron Musician III Mk 2
(with all available upgrades)

Speakers - Gallo Ref 3.5's

Interconnects -
From what I have read thus far, the best recommendation for connection between the preamp and the amplifiers is to use a balanced cable, since the preamp is balanced. Also, the preferred method of connection is to utilize the XLR connection instead of the RCA connection.

Does the "Audiogon" family agree with this? If not, Why not?

Either way, for a monoblock configuration a "splitter" must be utilized at each amplifier. While looking for cables here in the "Buy" section of Audiogon a search for "Splitter" comes up empty. This is a little confusing. Numerous cables, no "Splitters". Am I using the wrong search term?

Do most of the cable manufacturers make splitters for their cables or should I be looking for one from a different manufacturer?

Lastly, I would also like to hear any comments regarding speaker wire recommendations that would work well with this equipment.

Thanks!!!!!!!
bhpedalpusher
There do not seem to alot of cable brands that offer this by default however there is another pair of Spectron monos up for sale on Audiogon right now where the seller is picturing a set of Synergistic Y-splitters for XLR cabling. You have not said what cable brand you intend to purchase but I would agree that (at least over the years in my systems), XLR yields the best results. If it is a fully balanced pre-amp then this is all the more true (IMHO). I'd suggest determining which interconnects you intend to utilize and asking that manufacturer if they will make a Y-splitter XLR cable for you as a special order (many will do special orders in my experience...).

Alternatively, if your pre-amp allows multiple simultaneous outputs, you can run dual pairs of XLR from your pre-amp to your amps.
Here are some inexpensive XLR y-adapters/splitters, made in most cases by companies that serve the pro audio market. IMO there is a good chance you would find that much more expensive custom made and/or audiophile-oriented adapters would not provide significantly better results. Perhaps very slightly different, but not necessarily better. Considering the low prices, these certainly seem worth trying, in any event.

Regards,
-- Al
Go balanced. I don't understand why you need a Y splitter cable. Please explain in detail.