Classic rock: best remasters

For rock fans just curious what remasters, recent or otherwise, were a quantum leap over the original vinyl or compact disc release. On the flip side, any original CD releases that are still competitive? Not interested in imports, SACD, etc. Thanks rockers!
128x128phasecorrect
I find it oddly amusing there is a resurgence back to first generation CD releases...anybody remember the audiophile community response...in short...not good. Now granted, some of these are youngsters who grew up on MP3, never heard vinyl, and ate being sold on something "uncompressed."However, as others have stated, compression is only one small part of the spectrum.
Mapman, nobody is saying dynamic range is the only audio parameter worth mentionng, but if it ain't dynamic I ain't interested. I can listen to the radio if I want to listen to dynamically compressed music. The last two Stones albums and the last couple Dylan albums are excellent examples, falling way into the RED on the dynamic range data base. As I said, kids love the compressed stuff, it's nice and loud. ;-)
The first three Led Zep remasters are superior to the original mass produced Atlantic vinyl releases. (LZ IV has just been released).

Pink Floyd 2011 CD remasters; "DSOTM", "Animals", "WYWH" are far superior to the original releases.

Siouxsie & the Banshees 2014 CD remasters are superior to originals.

King Crimson "In the Court," "Red," "Thrak" CDs.

These are cases where a band member was involved in the project.
"Mapman, nobody is saying dynamic range is the only audio parameter worth mentionng, but if it ain't dynamic I ain't interested."

To each their own. Many probably feel that way.

The problem is that a single dynamic range metric per track or album really only tells part of the story about even the dynamics, ie the overall range.

I find the dynamic range measure useful but not sufficient to tell me what recordings I will find enjoyable or not. It is definitely deficient as an acid test.

That's like saying the only mountains worth climbing are the tallest. They may offer certain thrills not found elsewhere, especially to a professional mountain climber, but there is much more to it than just that in many cases for most folks to enjoy.