Classic rock: best remasters

For rock fans just curious what remasters, recent or otherwise, were a quantum leap over the original vinyl or compact disc release. On the flip side, any original CD releases that are still competitive? Not interested in imports, SACD, etc. Thanks rockers!
128x128phasecorrect
Already have the Doors remaster.The Talking heads as well sound nice. I'm pretty content with Beatles mono releases from 2009...can't justify paying a premium for essentially the same thing. Although if it was XRCd I might bite.
I've sampled the new Zep IV remaster a bit. On "Battle of Evermore" the overall inherent murkiness of the recording persists but I think the remaster helped clean it up overall somewhat. At least that was my initial impression.
Anybody who has the chance to compare the remasters on KC's "In the Court of the Crimson King, I urge you you to do so. It's the 2 CD version with disk one containing a new mix (2009) drawn from the original analogue tapes.
Disk 2 contains the 2004 remastered original album.

The remaster is a good effort, but spoiled with compression and lacking dynamic range.

I'm blown away by the new production of the album on disk one. Vocals are crystal clear, the imaging and realism between the flute, Fripp's guitar and keyboards is astounding and kick drum and cymbals are so pure. The soundstage is spread across my entire room and and it sounds like I'm in the studio. The DR is so wide and clean and I feel the bass thru my floor, but in a very good way.

The only way we will get remasters of this caliber is if the artist has the integrity of a Robert Fripp and backing of the label (or if he owns it). If only Zappa were alive today.
"If only Zappa were alive..." Actually, a lot of fans were upset with some of the stuff FZ did with his old recordings. He recut bass and drums on "We're Only In It For the Money" and it's my understanding he eventually went back to the original parts. Anyway, even when the work is done by the originator it's not always necessarily better to everyone's ear.