What processor competes with best preamp?

Are there any processors that will match sonically the best preamps when playing a good CD? Has anyone done a comparison or blind A/B and not heard any difference( assuming all other parameters were matched)?
sherod
I own a Primare P30 pre/pro to go with my 2-channel system. I've compared it side-by-side to the fairly highly rated Ayre k3-x pre-amp. The P30 was much more transparent and detailed than the k3-x. The k3-x was a bit more musical and sweet sounding but I believe the K3-X had much coloration that resulted in that sweet sound. For whatever it's worth, the K3 was rated Class A by Stereophile about a year ago. The K3-X is an upgraded and sonically superior version of the original K3 again according to Stereophile mag.

The P30 has a by-pass mode that provides 100% analog for 2-channel music. I've also compared the P30 in-home to the Conrad-Johnson PV-14 pre-amp and Electropaniet's pre-amp. There was no comparison. The P30 was clearly superior sonically.

Primare is a little-known Swedish company and the unit retails for about $4k. The P30 is among the cheaper components in my system (my 2-ch. amp retails for $7k, my speakers for $8,700, and my 2-ch. SACD/CD player for $5k) and I have been extremely satisfied with it's performance.

-John (IMO)
Thank you John for your descriptive follow-up.I'm sure this will help others who have had my same thoughts.I will now upgrade my system to have the best of both worlds.
I'd suggest putting the Theta Casablanca with the Xtreme DACs on your short list to listen too.
I second the PRIMARE P30. Got one... love it. I'm all LINN activ except for the Primare. Bypass mode really does the trick. Not a lot of fancy stuff, just good clean sound. Check Simuko.com.