24/96 Upsampling

I've got a SFD2 Mark II, a very good class A type DAC. SF tells me that they will have a 24/96 upgrade for this DAC out this summer. They also have a D2D-1 stand alone box for $600. Anyone experienced the difference in a good DACs performance using one of these new upsampling digital to digital boxes?
keis
upsampling IS the SAME thing as oversampling(been around since 1984) just a new way of "marketing" new DAC's.And oversmapling is pretty much essential for the 16/44.1 format(almost every cd player I know of does this).My opinion, do one of three things:#1 - sit out the initial stages of the DVD-A/SACD war and check out how much software is available before choosing sides;#2 - buy a good/great(new or used) cd player(1 box)now while prices are falling on them;#3 - if you have to pick a side now, go for the SACD - they are awesome CD players, and you've hedged your bet for the future! I really don't know much, and I want to know more!!!!
MONK: Upsampling is not the same as oversampling. You need to learn more, and come back later. To Dekuip: Scull preferred the dCS upsampling of a CD to an SACD playing in the SCD-1. Perhaps the Perpetual isn't a good performer, but when properly executed, upsampling only increases dynamic and tonal resolution of the Red Book format.
The level of confusion on this subject (up/down/over/under - sampling) has risen to a point that has caught my attention. I intend to write on this matter in the near future. This article will appear on the Muse Electronics website ( www.museelectronics.com )within the next week.
...Thankyou Kevin Halverson of Muse Electronics. I will be looking forward to your cyber article re: clearing up the confusion about over sampling, up-sampling etc. To Audiogon members intersested in digital (music): Kevin H. is one of the top digital designers in the country, and I highly recommend checking out his up-coming post regarding this subject.
He said it would appear on his website, and not a post here (not that this matters). Anyway, I'm sure Mr. Halverson would agree that Jeff Kalt of Resolution Audio is his peer as a designer.