The most detailed speaker cable??

Hello All,
I would like some help in chosing a new set of very detailed speaker cables. I want something that is I guess on the bright side. I have used so far... AZ satoris,AZ holograms, Nordost red dawns, AQ bedrocks, kimber 4tc just to name a few. So please help in my search based on your experience with speaker cables.
Thanks
harnellt
Rsbeck: The only way that you could you have a frequency response chart for a speaker cable was if the speaker cable itself was the terminating load. Otherwise, the electrical characteristics of the speaker cable combine with the electrical characteristics of the individual speaker being used. It is this total load that the amplifier sees and responds to. Given that every amp has a different output impedance and a different level of stability, each amp / speaker cable / speaker load will be slightly different. This is also why i referenced Thevenin's Theory in another thread. If you want to see differences in transient and amplitude characteristics of various speaker cables connected to one specific amp and a specific set of speakers, please take a look at the article that Nelson Pass wrote about the subject 27 years ago.

Once again, i suggest you do some further research on the subject. Finding someone with a Network Analyzer that is willing to work with you will not only blow your mind, it will help you to better understand what you and the other "guru's" that you so dearly trust are currently lacking in understanding on the subject. The figures that you keep quoting are but a small piece of the puzzle and poorly interpreted at that. Sean
>
You know Rsbeck, you make me sick. After listening, that's right, listening to 100s of cables over the years, the concept that I am just fooling myself about what I hear is absurd. I do not pick the most expensive cables, I pick what I like. You want us to think like you, for what reason? Are we not intellegent enough to make our own choice? Are we all fools? Do you think your intellect is superior to ours? What are your qualifications? How much time do you spend listening to music, making music, and appreciating music versus trying to prove your point. Just go away.
Let's try to interpret (rather than be sick). What Rsbeck seems to be claiming is that a connecting wire, in and of itself, cannot be "detailed" or otherwise because a wire passively connects components and only carries a signal (I'd also add the connections there). So the effects (detailed, etc) shouldn't be attributed to the wire but, rather, the components around the wire. Also, whatever the measured deviations in the signal transfer, they are so small that they couldn't be perceptible.
What Sean is saying is that, I agree the wire is passively connecting components, but, you sould look at the case as a network. In the case of speakers, for example, the load seen by the source (amp) is the wire+ x-over + drive units. In this respect, the wire can impact on the load and therefore effect the AF response perceived through the spkrs -- and, you CAN measure differences (if you like).

Rsbeck's incredulity comes from applying logic to confirm or disconfirm a claimed material event ("I perceive a difference"), while Sean is trying to focus on the claimed material event ("I perceive a difference") and confirm or disconfirm it using electrical circuits...

At the end of the day, EEs know their electrical circuits well -- so this shouldn't be such a contentious issue. Unfortunately, few EEs are interested in thoroughly researching AF it seems -- hence the endless discussions and zero definitive conclusions! (Although I remember that Aball is researching s/thing similar -- but again, NOT in the AF range)
>>but, you sould look at the case as a network.<<

Exactly what I am saying. Look at the entire chain. A speaker cable cannot
deliver more detail than what it is given -- it cannot CREATE detail, so I
recommend looking at upstream components. To think otherwise is magical
thinking. A Speaker is far more likely to LOSE detail, fail to resolve it, or
introduce distortion than a speaker cable and most listening rooms have
similar problems. So, I recommend looking at the entire chain. That this
should be controversial only shows me that people get riled up awfully easily
when discussing cables -- which is part of the cable phneomenon.