SACD 2...for those who have not heard

Bad news as far as I am concerned, just what we don't need.
http:/www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=19363192
ears
I am probably in the minority, but I have chosen to buy a Richard Kern modified SCD-1 that works wonders for both CD and two channel SACD formats. The DVD player in my home theater setup includes a DVD player that supports multi-channel SACD. When I upgrade the DVD player, I hope to find a reasonably priced unit that supports both DVD-A and SACD. Any additional capability added to either format that doesn't reduce the quality of the audio is OK with me. As far as backward compatibilty, I trust that Sony understands the need to maintain the trust of those who have already adapted this new format. I cannot afford and have no intention to attempt to put in place a surround system that equals the quality of what I now have in place for my two channel stereo playback.
Jeff
Jeff
If Sony doesn't make SACD 2 backwards compatible with today's machines then they lose my business. I have no problem not supporting a company that doesn't support the customer. Luckily I have the Pioneer 47a so the machine won't be a total waste...
Rumor has it from Audio Revolution, that SACDII is a rumor..... Let's wait till September to see what if any thing actually happens.. At this point ANY theory is just speculation based from a rumor.
It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Sony to be pushing their DSD mastering/editing equipment to the audio industry (where they really make some $$$) only to pull the rug out from under them AND the consumers who have bought SACD players up to this point. I still think Sony is ahead on the hi-rez curve when it comes to marketing and the issuing of SACD titles. When I first bought my player at the end of 2002 there were only about 6 titles I wanted to own. Since then they have realeased approximately 6 more (Pink Floyd, The Police, Peter Gabriel, Deep Purple, etc.) That's not too bad for the 8 months I have owned this player. Meanwhile, in the DVD-A camp, they started out with about 8 titles I wanted and that number is now up to about 9 during the same period of time! Only 1 title released that I care to own in the last 8 months is fairly pathetic. Hopefully, this is all just a bad rumor but I'll wait to see how it all plays out. Anyone remember DIVX? (me neither) - Tony
Tireguy, more accurately Audio Revolution says Sony execs deny sacdII is in the works. Here is the exact quote...

"Don’t count Sony and the SACD camp out. Respected executives inside a major record label talk of the possibility of “SACD II” – a format that addresses many of SACD’s formatic problems. Sony representatives strongly denies SACD II exists or is in development."