Music Server vs Computer?

Currently streaming music from a PC to a modded Airport Express that's connected to my pre. The Wyred4Sound music server looks really inviting. Appears to do everything my PC does. Ripping cds sounds like a breeze and storage capacity is great (1T or 2T). All I have to do is link it with a DAC. Are there any disadvantages, to include SQ, to using a music server vs using a PC/MAC? Seems to me that they both use HDs for storage, but that SQ with the MS might be better because streaming is eliminated.
rockyboy
I suspect the Baetis is higher priced and should be based on the extra effort and build quality put into the Revelation. Check the web site: www.baetisaudio.com and give the designers a call for a more technical explanation.
I second the comments on the Baetis. I have been using it in my system and against my APL two box digital (which includes an Esoteric transport) it is very impressive and holds its own although I still haven't done extensive comparisons as of yet. Great build quality, dbpoweramp for ripping and JRiver for playback. John at Baetis has also been superb in terms of customer service - some of the best service I've had post purchase.
You are better off to use USB output on the server so the master clock is in the DAC or USB converter, not the server.

This also allows upgrading as the technology improves.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
From the Baetis website:
We can show that SPDIF done right beats USB done right...

Note, both the Bryston and the Baetis use spdif out (the bryston uses the Juli@ soundcard, the Baetis takes sound right off the mother board) not USB and are currently two of the best sounding platforms.
switch-mode power supply? no thank you. The Antipodes has a linear supply with special shielding. It also has USB out that can stream audio. This is a great choice.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio