Searching Prior Threads...Worth Your Time...

Not trying to dissuade people from starting any kind of thread they want(With AudiogoN's approval)....but,..it is worthwhile to look through prior threads using the Forum search...by topic, brand name...whatever.

The only reason I thought this might be worth people thinking about, has been the number of similar posts over the last week or so asking for suggestions on small speakers..seems there have been similar questions with some of the same answers.

Just food for thought....now, think I'll go start one of those Power Cord threads...
whatjd
Although you make a valid point, it's important to remember that technology and equipment are alway changing, as are prices. Therefore asking an old question may yield new anwers.
Additionally, you may get a different set of participants answering your question, or individuals who have previously participated in similar discussions may have new insight.

KP
I know what you mean about the small speakers threads. There have been at least 9 in the last 2 months, I know because I started one about 2 months ago, then read all the others that came along too. I got tons of great ideas, not all the suggestions were duplicated, but I agree the topic was redundant to a fault. Searching the forums is a must, and it turns up a treasure trove of information. I had an amazing experience yesterday when I searched the forums for info on biasing ARC amps. Not only were there several extremely specific posts in the last year about exactly how to do this, but audiogoner Abe Collins posted a link to his own website where he photographed himself doing the job step by step, including what his meters look like and how to use them, what the schematic he got from ARC looked like, even what his living room and dog look like! I was so fascinated by his photographs and text that I spent the next 2 hours reading through his whole website, he is a really cool guy who has very articulate views on what he hears and likes in his system. I bookmarked his site so I can keep up with the antics of his cute dog Elvis. Apparently, he has a live Elvis-cam that is usually on but is down right now. Abe, you are a treasure to the Audiogon site. I wish you were my neighbor so I could just drop my amp off with you for service!
Hate to say it but there has been threads about this in the past. Some members(myself included) will point this out to newbies and those who ask very common questions-my favorite is "who makes a CD player with Volume control?" must have been posted 300 times by now! The search engine at audiogon is GREAT it gives instant answers to 90% of my questions, no delay no fighting just in out get the info I want and done, time is money. A good idea to point this out because members are always coming and going so here's a friendly reminder ;) Good day
Tim

Oh sure Tim,.. my thread about threads being redundant..is in itself redundant.

Kinda reminds me about what most of my female freinds have thought I am... redundant, or is that repugnant?