Box speakers that sound like Electrostats?

Has anyone found a monitor or full range speaker that compares to an electrostat?
128x128dennis_the_menace
Well, I haven't found any so far. The Acapella Exalibur comes close, but that is horn loaded and plasma driven. I completely agree with Duke. I would also jump at a "box" speaker, the microdynamics of which would equal an ESL, but have not been successful so far. I also use subwoofers with my wall of stators for the same reason as Duke's customer. Not to get deeper bass, but to get more punch, when things get loud and low. To be more specific, to about 80hz I use a pair of old Maggie bass panels, which integrate beautifully. They need lots of power though and then subs, cut off at 30hz, otherwise they wouldn't integrate in my room. so I have the best of both worlds, at least that's what my ears tell me. I let the stators run full spectrum, without cutting them off. Using the high pass of X-overs kills their sound. Cheers,
For my two cents I have always been partial to electrostatics since I heard a pair of dayton wrights when I was 10 years old. I won't try to characterize the sound since I would likely do it an injustice but you know what you like (or as some have said I like what I know). I would second paullindeman with regards to the p10's (or p8ltd which I have). Truly remarkable speakers. Worth a listen at least. With careful respect to all the others.

gary
Wmcmanus, I will try to find some more English info about the Imagine speaker system.