Most forgiving speakers?

I have a bad room and I love classic rock that was transferred to cd badly. Which speakers do you recommend besides Vandersteen. Room is nine wide twentyfour long and 8.6 high.
dred
I have the most forgiving speakers in my system:
They've been dropped onto the TV chassis by my little son and they "forgave" him for that abuse and still sound beautifull...:-)
Hey Duke,

Nice response. I liked your explanation and choices of "forgiving" speakers, I agree and would add that most of them in their forgiving nature tend to also be guilty of sins of "ommision" rather than sins of commision! as I once heard it said.:)..Best!--Ken
I find Spendor S3/5 very forgiving speaker - almost always to sound very pleasant (some people may mistake that as polite sounding)
I too am looking for the best speaker for this type of music. After much research I had ruled out the Vandersteen's. I thought that they were very reveiling of
bad quality recordings. Am I confused ?
That was my experience also. A slight lack of transparency and a slightly rolled off top end but the upper midrange did not seem any more forgiving than others I tried.
Just so some can point fingers my system includes Musical Fidelity 3.2 integrated and CD player. And yes the VPI with a grado is more forgiving but I would like to enjoy my collection of 1500 cd's.
Also thanks for the answers-I think I might try the Spendors.
Ed