Amp with best bass control

Which solid state amp(s) have you heard demonstrate the best bass control? I'm not talking "go the lowest", I'm talking "tight tight - super tight grip on the bass". I'm talking "fast" as well. The proverbial Kung-Fu Grip!

Thanks all!

Mike
mbovaird
Sunfire Signature 600 SeriesII. Haven't heard one but Roy Esposito says it's the only amp he's heard with better bottom end than the Acoustat TNT200 monos he builds. Apparently "Other-worldly".
Quick update: I was able to audition Constellation, Boulder and D'Agostino amps yesterday. The Constellation Stereo, the Boulder 1060 and the D'Ag monos.

I found the Constellation very smooth, yet detailed, but lacking a little in bass punch - but it could have been the room.

Next up was the D'Agostino. By far, the most musical, liquid sounding amp I have ever heard. They don't sound like other amps. They are like someone took the best of solid state and the best of tubes and smushed them together. Only downside is those little buggars get hot!

Next up was the Boulder 1060. I don't want to start a whole big thing, but lets just say, it was an amp for me. It sounded a little dated and it was like listening to an amp design that is well, 10 or 15 years old. Certainly not SOTA IMO. YMMV.

So for me, the three best SS amps I've heard are Soulution, D'Agostino and Vitus. Vitus is the big sleeper in this group. I would say, picking one, would depend entirely on speakers, the rest of your system (preamp, cabling, etc.) and music preference.

Mike
@ Mbovaird, Hi, I was waiting patiently for you of all the posters here!, I knew you would come back and say what you did of the Boulder amps, my post earlier on this thread ring TRUE!, they suck!, I also knew you would love the Dan D Agistino amps!, He is the same designer of my Krell 700cx stereo amp!, my next amp will be a Agistino amp!, running hot does not bother me, My krell 700cx gets hot big time!, In the winter, if we drive it, and play it for a few hours, it will warm our three bedroom 2 bath house, saves on the power bill when we do that, we get to enjoy tunes, and do not need the central heat on, LOL!, your description of the Dan D Agistino amps is spot on spectacular!, Happy listening!
I always find it interesting when people compare amplifiers more than twice the price of your own amp and (surprise surprise) find they sound better. I also find it interesting when those same people espouse clear preferences toward specific colorations and tonal emphasis in amplifiers, whilst conversely displaying an amazing apathy and lack of understanding of a manufacturer's design and manufacturing process in the case of Boulder.