Audio Research Reference 250 capacitor issue

One of my reference 250amp fuse blown and found that the capacitor is bad and audio research has upgrade kit to replace Teflon capacitors with latest ones. The also have new wiring in the upgrade kit. Has anyone experienced this ? I see they discontinued Teflon capacitors a year or two back.
veerapaneni
Upgrade kit to replace the teflon caps that failed...... if you are counting on in field failure rate and repair to keep your business floating.....well....

Sutherland, MSB and Classe are examples of business that did repairs for me at no cost. As well as Sutherland and MSB both did upgrades without charging me or me even asking. These are companies I have done repeat business and recommended to others. That is how you make a profit and stay in business. I'm not saying they shouldn't charge for parts but rather at least they should be at cost.
How many caps failed? I've own tens of thousands dollars not ARC equipment and components fails too. Shot happens.

Are your statements on the white caps based on facts from ARC? My Ref250 is months old and has a combination of white and gold caps so if white caps are known to be problematic, I doubt ARC will continue using them.

According to your system page, you bought Ref250 used with 200 hrs so you put 450 hrs in 3 years. I thought ARC warranty is not transferable and only valid for orig owner.
There are 2 white caps infront of 8 Tubes in each Amp and one of them failed. But I have to replace all 4 . Also part of upgrade ARC has sent new cables which are connected to the Balanced outpu (The cables which are running from front of the board to outputs)
I was looking at buying an used Ref 150. I got the serial number from the seller and asked ARC tech when it was manufactured. It was in 2011.

I then asked if there is any difference in terms of innards - components used - in the 2013/2014 Ref 150 versus one manufactured back in 2011. He told me the earlier ones has white Teflon caps, but due to 'no more supply' of those caps, ARC switched to the gold color Teflon caps.

I then asked him if there is any quality (sound quality) difference, and he said "you probably won't hear any difference".

There was no mention of any reliability aspect of that white cap versus the new gold cap.