I'm now a Cardas Woman. I used to be a Kimber gal

Well i was interested in the new Cardas Parsec. I bought one and went WOW! What have i been missing!
So then I bought another.. then went for the big one (seven meter pre to amp, big bucks)
Added a few more. Bought a used Golden Reference here to have for a tease..
So I went from Kimber all around to Cardas.
I liked Kimber, used them for-ever.. Nice, but this new Cardas Parsec has me. (Kimber has some catching up to do guys..) The Cardas is just more 'natural'.

This is like changing auto brand: Lifetime loyal BMW owner.. years of Beemers.. suddenly buys a Porshe! And LOVES it.

Some of them are still in shipment from Cardas. I am just so excited.
elizabeth
I purchased a 1M pair of Parsec about 6 weeks ago to go between my DAC and integrated amp. It sounded pretty good right out of the box but really started to open up around the 3 week (500 hours) mark. I now have about 750 hours on them and they really sound amazing. The sound is powerful and balanced.

I also have Kimber Hero in my system and it's an excellent cable and should match up well with the Cardas as you already experienced.

I'm guessing your system is going to sound amazing!

Kevan
Thanks Kevan,
Yeah, it sounded fabulous with two 1m parsec and the 7m Kimber Hero i had.. Then it thought it can be better! and bought the 7m Parsec. hah hah sorry I did. Then naturally i sold the 7m Kimber hero rightaway. Listed it and it sold in a day.
So I can hope the wires i am buying from Kimber to make a new 7m XLR set can be as good (Hope Hope)
Sounds like Elizabeth was going for a loom of Cardas - looms have never worked for me and I tried with several brands including Kimber, Tara, MIT and PAD. And you always think if it sounds this good more must be better! Never worked for me...

My latest disappointment was with Tara Labs 0.8EX. I had a one meter and felt it was the best IC I have owned. Bought a 5 meter to go downstream between pre and amp it degraded my sound so much I sold it. The 1 meter is still in and all is good. Maybe some cables don't sound as good in longer lengths, I know most believe shorter is better but it may affect some more than others.

@Pops, I also have never had success going full loom with any cable manufacturer, though I'm not sure that length has anything to do with it, since my longest cables are a 2 meter interconnect and 2.5 meter speaker cables.

IMHO, it's just like getting to know a person better. Some cable or person may seem perfect when you have just a little experience and time with them. As you spend more and more time with the cable, you begin to see the flaws that you didn't notice while just spending some time with them. Having more of the same cable design in one's system exposes more of the flaws inherent in that design.

That's just my theory as to why I've never been happy going full loom, I've got no hard evidence. Just because a little bit is wonderful does not mean that too much will be even more wonderful. All things in moderation. ;)