Kimber 8TC beater?

Hi Guys,

Need your help in recommending speaker cables that will beat the 8TCs in terms of a fuller and bigger (image size and soundstage). Preferably in the same price rage or maybe slightly higher.

Thanks!
pc123v
Look anyone can wire up there system with BELL telephone wire or multi stranded lamp cord, or even some thick ass romex crap, there is a reason all these cable manufactures stay in business AND ROMEX stays in Business supplying electrical wire to Building developers. Materials used, shielding, terminations makes the most difference in sound and the effects sound different on every system. If you don't like spending a lot of $$ on cables (and who does) try SIGNALCABLE.com they make the MAGIC power cord and upgraded cables for Sennhieser headphones and SPKON cable for REL Sub and digital and normal IC's and speaker cables. I use a mixture of Nordost , Morrow and Signal cable. Hey it works! :-)
Ok,let's take inventory of what we know and what we surmise about romex.

I can't verify these stats, but let's start with resistance. Based on this link:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?38733-Resistivity-of-Romex-(NM)-Wire

Someone posted the following regarding standard Romex:

"At 25 deg C, ohms per 1000 ft

#8 .6405/1000 ft
#10 1.018/1000 ft
#12 1.619/1000 ft
#14 2.575/1000 ft

"The insulation type doesn't matter. Current carrying capacity is different in conduit or open air(higher in open air). Basically figure 15 amps for #14, 20 amps for #12, 30 amps for #10, and 40 amps for #8.(these are the in conduit ratings)

"I got this out of the 1963 ARRL handbook."

So ... as regards resistance, standard romex presents a very low resistive load. In in the case of standard 10 gauge solid copper romex, just a smidge over 1 ohm for a 1000 foot run. That's nothing. My run will be 15 feet.

Al seems to concur, "[a]s you realize, 12 gauge Romex will provide adequately low resistance for most applications."

Moving on to capacitance, Al says that "[c]apacitance is usually not a major consideration when it comes to speaker cables, except in the case of a few cables (such as Goertz) which achieve ultra-low inductance at the expense of having ultra-high capacitance ...."

Last is inductance. Al says he doesn't know what the inductance of Romex is, but he suspects it is neither particularly high nor particularly low. I'll do some more web checking.

So in summary, romex looks like a medium that presents a very low resistive load and probably low capacitance. Not sure about inductance, but may not be a major factor.

I think I'm ready for the test. I'll need some auxiliary supplies to ensure a fair test; namely a pint of Knobs Creek.

I'll be back. Get your anti-snake venom ready.
I should make a correction to my post above. Mogami 3103 is actually about 1/8 the cost of Kimber 8TC. And, as I also mentioned earlier, exactly the same cable as 3104 but without the ability to bi-wire.
Not quite identical, HDM. 3104 is four conductor, so one can shotgun each plus/minus per channel to lower resistance, etc.
More to discover