Audiophile music

Hi most audiophiles shop, listen, analyze, discuss how sounds classical and mainstream jazz in vast majority of cases.

How about some punk, noise, progressive rock, industrial, acid, experimental?
Clash, Ramones, Husker Du, Fear, Sisters of Mercy, White Stripes, Suns of Arqa, Knack, Skinny Puppy, Smiths, Morissey, Ministry, Acid Mothers Temple and other kool and noisy rock?
My collection is at or over 50% of titles above and I like noisy and creative bands.

Would you play this type of music let's say on $6-figure setup with tubes, Verdier or similar TT, MBL or similar components, Pipe Dreams or similar level speakers?

When I visited first time AudioConnection store, I brought White Stripes. After trying White Stripes in his big Vandersteen 5(back than) room, I realized that it's not the type of music for the system he demoes. I only liked Vandy 5 with chamber orchestra(amplified with Cary V12), symphony orchestra or big band.
czarivey
Vandys just didn't keep up with dynamic pace of noise rock while were best for large orchestras.
I have original UK Get The Knack and they sound terrific.
Agree it may not make sense to go high end. I started climbing the ladder a few years ago and the more money I spent the more I was restricting myself to certain types of music simply because I was in awe with how my system sounded. But instead of actually getting lost in a listening session I was spending hours skipping songs to evaluate this and that. I too love punk and lowfi bands like sonic youth, sebedoh, velvet under ground etc and I was just not listening to that music because it sounded like garbage. Now I have sold most of my HiFi gear in leu of musical components and I don't think about it anymore. I love my system more than ever and can now sit for hours upon hours and listen at any volume I choose without any sort of fatigue even when playing shitty live recordings of the replacements or big black. True it may make sense to have two systems but not all of us can afford it. I have accumulated enough gear for at least three or four systems but I usually only listen to my main rig these days. Happy listening.
You just need the right system. I do agree with the point being made here but you can build a high end system that will sound superb with the white stripes (who I listen to frequently). And I personally find audiophile music boring. Many audiophiles don't care about playing music all that much. They don't own systems so they can play music, the gear is an end in and of itself.
What Mulveling said 1000%. I have quite a few audiophile friends and recently made the rounds listening to their systems using a variety of recordings and came to the conclusion that they had built their system to only sound good with audiophile stuff so that's all they could listen to on a regular basis. OTOH, My aim is to have a system that sound good playing both the poorly recorded and the audiophile stuff.