c-j technical questions

Does anyone know of any tests that show the power out-put of conrad-johnson's solid state power amplifiers into a 4 Ohm load. I'm particularly interested in the 2300, 2300A, 2500 and 2500A amplifiers. I'm also interested to know what the out-put impedance range preceding these amplifiers should be.
unsound
Hi Unsound, It's been about six months since I've been to Stereophile's web site. I visited it today and they changed the look of it. Also, you can't access as many reviews as you used to be able to--(but I did count 72 solid state amp reviews that are offered for free)--unfortunately the cj mf2500 wasn't one of them anymore. Sorry. I have read the review and it does have the information that you're looking for. Good Luck. Stan
Stereophile's latest buying guide lists the c-j 2500A as capable of 250 watts per channel into 8 Ohms and 400 watts into 4 Ohms.
In Stereophile's December 1999 issue the 2500 was reported by Martin Colloms as "Tested with the UK's 242V, 50Hz power supply, the MF2500 reached 309W into 8 ohms, one channel driven, and 295Wpc, both channels driven. It wasn't shy at 4 Ohms, and the shared power supply was man enough for 451Wpc into 4 ohms. This, only 1.3dB below the 8 ohm single channel test result, indicates good regulation and load driving ability.
Playing music-related (IHF tone-burst) signals, the MF2500 pushed 24.9dBW inot 8 ohms (315W) and 24.77dBW into 4 ohms (600W), but began to current-limit a little into 2 ohm loads with 23,9dbW (976W) available. This relative indifference to loading provides good verification of the easygoing muscularity identified in the listening trials. The maximum peak current capability was approximately +/-35A--good enough for all but the most severe speaker loads, and certainly those nominally rated at 4 or 8 ohms."
Unsound, I'm glad that you received your copy of the Stereophile test. The mf2500a amp is a powerhouse for a 250 watt amp- -( NOTE LOL- the mf2500 is 240 wpc). I was using a MF2500a, until I bought a Jeff Rowland 302 amp. The Jeff Rowland is a 300 watt amp @ 8 ohms and I have to set my preamp volume higher for the Rowland than I did for the CJ MF2500a to get the same level of loudness. I guess the Rowland doesn't double down as much. I hope that you found everything that you were looking for. Best wishes. Stan
Stan, thanks for the kind words. The volume setting on your pre may have more to do with the amplifiers sensitivity than its ultimate power output.