Jeff Rowland amp in unbalanced mode

Hi all, does anyone have experience driving a Jeff Rowland amp (model 201 or any other) with rca-XLR adapters in unbalanced mode? Could you compare with balanced operation and was there sonic impact (I guess there will be, but how serious)? Did you use Rowland's own adapter? Thanks!
karelfd
Post removed 
Are Jeff Rowland amps truly balanced or do they just have an balanced input. Many brands of CD/amp etc have balanced in/out but every few of the are build 100% balanced.
Mordante - once it has input transformer it is truly balanced. Transformer has perfect common mode removal except for high frequencies where balanced input is defenseless anyway. To answer your question - Icepower datasheet for 200ASC (my Rowland 102) shows balanced input and I can see transformer inside on separate board.

Icepower switching frequency is too low (0.5MHz) to radiate and sharp switching pulses are filtered out by the output filter but nothing is 100% perfect and in addition there is still capacitive coupling. I would use common sense and for device that switches high currents at high speed I would use balanced cables with good shielding. My Rowland 102 does not even have unbalanced input - I respect Rowland's decision.
Kijanki, you hit the nail on the head, that is the exact reason for my question: the 201 hasn't got unbalanced inputs either, whereas I would like to use it with a pre-amp that has only unbalanced outputs. Nevertheless Rowland's manual mentions that unbalanced operation is possible with an adapter, so I am curious to find out if someone has tried this. Btw, thanks a lot for the link, Bob.