Jeff Rowland amp in unbalanced mode

Hi all, does anyone have experience driving a Jeff Rowland amp (model 201 or any other) with rca-XLR adapters in unbalanced mode? Could you compare with balanced operation and was there sonic impact (I guess there will be, but how serious)? Did you use Rowland's own adapter? Thanks!
karelfd
Thank you Kijanki, much appreciated. . . now I remember reading this review a while ago. Can't help thinking that the relative darkness, moderate downward extension, slight imaging problems, and other minor quibbles that Mr. Wong observed may have been caused by less than complete break in of the equipment. Capri is a bear to break in, requiring perhaps 1000 hrs. . . not sure about 102, but I wouldn't be surprised if it required more of the same. G.
I have a little over 400 hours on my Capri which I bought used. I'm not sensing any darkness or imaging problems. Detail is there in spades as well (at least enough detail for me). This unit is extremely quiet. I might agree that it is not the last word in transparency, especially in comparison to my previous K&K TVC and TRL Pre-1.5 preamps. For one thing the sound stage depth is a bit compromised, especially in comparison to what I experienced with the VAC Avatar SE which is the last unit I had in the system prior to the Capri. Overall though it is a fine preamp especially at used prices and mine having the phono option is bonus.
Clio, please keep us posted. . . I'd be curious what you think of Capri once you are around the 1K hrs mark. G.
Guido - 102 took close to 400 to break in. My setup so far is a little bit crazy since cables are the most expensive part of the system (Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR, Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun) but I treat them as non-perishable items and therefore invest more for the future. Acoustic Zen Satori has a little "round" lower midrange which is blessing with Icepower. Lean sounding cables should be avoided. Strange (sterile?) top end according to many people is in my opinion related to limited bandwidth of Icepower (102 ~ 80kHz, 201~ 65kHz). Bandwidth limit is introducing some phase shift at 20kHz and perhaps wrong summing of harmonics. Other explanation?