Are There Any Good, High Power Solid State Amps?

I feel like I'm running low on power with my current 100 watt tube amp, so I'm looking for suggestions. I'd like to try solid state, but I want an amp with an airy, rich tonality. I've been thinking either Pass (love the XA series, but I'm afraid it won't be enough power) Pass X, Krell, Clayton, etc. Can you make any suggestions (new or used somewhere in the $5K - $10k range)?
Thanks in advance.
louisl
Some of the higher end Moon power amps from Sim Audio are excellent and within your price range. Some others to look at are Boulder, MBL, and Burmester, although with these previous three your price range will restrict you to their entry level amps.
A definite vote for Edge NL 10.1 and (more strongly) the NL 12.1. Both are available on Audiogon from time to time within and slightly below your budget range. There is ample feedback from many of us on these amps and their sonic attributes in other threads. Both have more than ample power into 8-ohms and much more into 4-ohms. You can't go wrong with the upper-line Edge offerings!
I am partial to certain class D amps for high current applications. If your budget wer upwards of $10K, thre are some excellent choices. . . Bel Canto Ref 100 Mk.2 monos for about $6K are quite delightful and may fall slightly on the warmer side of neutral. More center neutral may be the Rowland 312 stereo--which I have seen offered on Agon for c.ca $10K as demo or used--as well as the Spectron Mus 3 stereo or mono, which may also fall within your price range, depending on configuration and creature comforts. G.