Are There Any Good, High Power Solid State Amps?

I feel like I'm running low on power with my current 100 watt tube amp, so I'm looking for suggestions. I'd like to try solid state, but I want an amp with an airy, rich tonality. I've been thinking either Pass (love the XA series, but I'm afraid it won't be enough power) Pass X, Krell, Clayton, etc. Can you make any suggestions (new or used somewhere in the $5K - $10k range)?
Thanks in advance.
louisl
People seem to either love or hate Class D amps. I went from an ARC tube amp to the Class D and the sound is great. Never a problem with not enough power either (bi-amped).
Louis1,

I have owned many famous SS amps, including BAT VK-600SE and Clayton M-100, and have heard many others, including Clayton M-300 and Pass XA-160's.

That said, while I agree with Tvad that I don't quite understand the need for that much power, I think the Clayton M-300's or the Pass XA-160's will fit in your price range used, and both will EASILY drive your speakers.
The BAT VK-600SE was very nice, but the Clayton and Pass are better, IMHO.

If you crave the tube sound, you will find a pair of VTL MB 450 series 1 or 2 will fit your price range, and also EASILY drive your speakers.

Happy hunting,

John
stay with tubes!

ARC Ref 300 or 220 can be had under $10k used. if you want to start lower, VT-200 can be had under $3k. my personal favorite is BAT VK-150SE. even though they only have 150 wpc, they should drive your VR-4 louder than you care to listen to.
TVAD,
You're right, something doesn't add up here. All I can say is that when I get up to levels around 95db, things get flat, and worse than that, the high frequencies seem to sound edgy....especially piano.
NGjockey,
I also heard the Bryston 28's at 2008's CES, driving some Theils. They were outstanding, and I'd pick up a pair of 'em in a heartbeat at the right price. Retail, they are just out of reach. I've never seen a pair used.