Dehavilland 50A has anyone purchased one?

I see there have been a couple of previous posts regarding the 50A or hearing it at the last RMAF, but has anyone actually purchased the 50A? Any thoughts?

I've talked to Kara about the Aries 845, but due to my rather large listening room she suggested that the 50A has a little more authority in the bass and mid-bass and is equally as sweet. I don't know, there's really something special about those 845 tubes.

Thanks for an opinions or insights...
dpe
06-13-10: Sounds_real_audio
I use my name, Sounds Real Audio every time I leave a thread. I can't be clearer then that.
You're assuming people will read your moniker and connect that you're a dealer for the product.

Consider a situation where you might make positive comments about a product you don't sell. By your logic, readers should assume you're a dealer for the product even though you're not.

It's clearer to state explicitly that you're a dealer for a product that you're discussing and represent, IMO. It gets any agenda out on the table and removes questions of conflict of interest.
Tvad

You are correct. Anytime a dealer/manufactures makes any statement smart readers should weigh the statements made.

In addition since Audiogon is a place where people sell their used gear even though they are not dealers/manufactures, readers should be skeptical of these posts as well.

The room at the RMAF where Dpe heard the 50A's was the deHavilland and Sounds Real Audio room so I don't think it is "evil" to jump in here with a little knowledge.

The room at the RMAF where Dpe heard the 50A's was the deHavilland and Sounds Real Audio room so I don't think it is "evil" to jump in here with a little knowledge.
Sounds_real_audio (Threads | Answers | This Thread)
I heard that room as well. Sounded quite good.

I'm not going to discuss the point of dealer disclosure further as I don't believe any progress is being made.
Thanks all...and Lula I hope you will eventually get an answer, although I don't think it will be on this thread.

I apologize for the direction that this thread took. I am appreciative that someone, anyone, took the time to reply to my question.

Shredder, I believe the only complete review I've read, besides the snippets on the DH site, is Garrett Hongo's. I'm somewhat surprise there's not more chatter on Audiogon about the 50A. I believe it has been available for at least a year now.

I was interested in the 50A after reading Roger Gordon's review of the deHavilland Aries 845 and the Merlin VSM-MXe. I have Merlins and I've always loved the sound of the 845, but to reiterate my room is large and even Kara mentioned the Aries 845 may not cut it.

I guess I'll have to make a road trip to Washington and compare the two amps myself.

Again thanks for the advice.
I have met Kara on several occasions. She is one of the most intelligent, friendly and passionate people I have ever met. And her products reflect her passion and love of recorded music.