Tube pre/power combo for Rockport Aviors

I have a pair of Rockport Aviors on order that should arrive sometime in Jan. The Conrad Johnson CT 5 pre and CJ LP 70S power (70 wpc) that I have at present may not have enough juice to do justice to the Aviors. Given the limited availability of brands/dealers in my part of the world,I have shortlisted 3 pre/power combos :
1. Conrad Johnson GAT and ARTsa(140 wpc)
2.ARC 5SE and Ref 150 or Ref 250 monos
3. VTL 7.5 mk 3 pre and 450 MB series3
The Aviors will replace a pair of Quad 2905s that I have enjoyed for 6+ years. My musical tastes extend to the whole spectrum from large orchestral works, chamber music, rock, blues, Indian music but strictly no Rap or Country. The preferred source is vinyl.
Ideally I would love to stay with the CJ line as I like the sonics though I suspect this may not be possible.I am not looking for recommendations per se but to those Agoners who have experience of any of these brands either through ownership or extensive listening etc. I have been fortunate to be in contact with some knowledgeable Agoners .
Many thanks and festive cheer
Pradeep
128x128sunnyboy1956
Congrats on the Aviors! They are a wonderful speaker. We are a Rockport dealer here in Southern California. Regarding break in, they sound great from the start but improve with time. At about 200 hours they seemed to relax a bit and became even smoother. Bass response seems to extend deeper as well.

Experiment with placement, where they end up sounding best may be different than where you think they would be placed.

Happy listening.
Cake Audio
Kwb
Many thanks. I guess I have yet to reach the 200 hr mark but yes the overall presentation is a tad smoother. Tremendous speaker. Never thought a box speaker could match, let alone surpass ,my beloved Quads.
Cheers
Pradeep
Pradeep, its been about a year since your Aviors arrived. Care to send us a '1 year' owner update about them? I will soon have my last piece of ARC gear arrive (ref 5se) and then I will be looking for the speaker to 'end the journey' this fall. I'm figuring RMAF 2014 would be the best place to start while I'm trying to decide if the Aviors are a significant step up from the Avalon Eidolon Diamonds.

Again, congrats on you fabulous system!

Phil
Hi Phil
Thanks for looking. The Aviors have the CJ GAT pre and a pair of Wavac HE 833 V2 SET mono blocs for company. The Wavacs were never on the horizon but I am delighted it worked out. More details and pics on my system page.
I am in the happy situation of having completed my final upgrades before retirement ....
Truly thrilled with the Aviors. The Avior is like a box speaker without a crossover. To my mind this is the ultimate praise for a box/cone speaker. The sense of balance and coherence is unbelievable almost like a ESL but better with more body and weight.
I would strongly urge an audition as that is the only way to go.
The Rockport Avior has my highest recommendation.
Do PM me if I can be of any help
Best
Pradeep