Hypex Ncore NC1200 Amps at NY Audio Show in April

This is a BIGGIE! Both based on the Hypex Ncore NC1200, the Mola-Mola Mono Amps and the Merrill Audio Veritas Mono Amps will be at the NYC Audio show in April. The Mola-Mola with Vivid Speakers and the Veritas with Raidho and Sanders Sound Speakers, all in separate rooms.
128x128hifial
03-29-13: Jtwrace
"Since he has ties to Merrill, you will not get a unbiased review. "

Wow, that is funny coming from someone who got a sweetheart deal for beta testing the Atsah nc1200 product....Guess you forgot to mention that....
Hello Hifial,

Yes, I do know that Bruno P., who created the UCD (Universal Class D)line while working for Phillips and who invented the later Hypex amp modules while working with Hypex, formed the Mola-Mola company (not sure if he's sole owner or has partners) as a means to introduce/produce his own version of a completed class D amplifier utilizing his own Hypex Ncore 1200 module. As you know, these amps were debuted, in monobloc form, at the NYC Audio Show you just attended.

Bruno P. has also stated, in an effort to support the DIY market, that he will make available to the general public all but the top of the line 1200 modules (700 and smaller power modules). He is reserving his top 1200 modules for sale as OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)licensed product to other audio companies that want to make completed amplifier products with his modules.

My understanding is that PS Audio probably will not be utilizing the Hypex Ncore 1200 modules in their soon to be released new class D amp. Instead, they will most likely utilize one of the recently updated UCD modules in an effort to keep their offering more affordable.

I think PS Audio's new amp will use a proprietary Input Stage attached to a UCD700 and the current target price is $3,000. Mr. McGowan implies that his Input Stage is very good and will improve the performance of any UCD or Hypex modules it's mated to.

Thanks,
Tim
The target price for the PS Audio class D amp is now $3995.

See:
http://www.psaudio.com/forum/#/discussion/5000/anyone-interested-in-seeing-the-new-amp
Tim/Noble100:Your price for the PS Audio amp is out of date.
Paul is trying to keep it just under $4000.00. It is a dual mono(single chases) to help keep costs down. See below from the PS Audio Forum.

"adminPaul McGowan February 25 Reply QuoteThanks
Finally, we are less than a week away from listening to the prototype amp in its chassis. Here's a picture of the insides.

I've heard bits and pieces cobbled together but not all that we put into the amp and not in a form where I can start dialing it in.

What you see here is the 350 watt per channel dual mono amp that can do 700 into 4 and 1200 into 2.

The big board on the left is the Class A gain stage that's all discrete and makes the amp sound like it does. We're probably looking at $3995 for this dual mono version - but it'll drive about anything made.

I should be able to listen to it this weekend - Bob's promised me i can start testing and evaluating, tweaking, voicing and all that we do by then.

I am stoked to actually be able to try this beauty."

Also, the UCD that Paul has mentioned using may not be, from my understanding, one of the UCD modules that have the trickle down Ncore tech in it.

However, I am sure that it will be a killer Amp at that price, what with Hypex and PS Audios front end.

He hopes for a "July" (most likely August) release.