Hypex Ncore NC1200 Amps at NY Audio Show in April

This is a BIGGIE! Both based on the Hypex Ncore NC1200, the Mola-Mola Mono Amps and the Merrill Audio Veritas Mono Amps will be at the NYC Audio show in April. The Mola-Mola with Vivid Speakers and the Veritas with Raidho and Sanders Sound Speakers, all in separate rooms.
128x128hifial
Tim/Noble100:Your price for the PS Audio amp is out of date.
Paul is trying to keep it just under $4000.00. It is a dual mono(single chases) to help keep costs down. See below from the PS Audio Forum.

"adminPaul McGowan February 25 Reply QuoteThanks
Finally, we are less than a week away from listening to the prototype amp in its chassis. Here's a picture of the insides.

I've heard bits and pieces cobbled together but not all that we put into the amp and not in a form where I can start dialing it in.

What you see here is the 350 watt per channel dual mono amp that can do 700 into 4 and 1200 into 2.

The big board on the left is the Class A gain stage that's all discrete and makes the amp sound like it does. We're probably looking at $3995 for this dual mono version - but it'll drive about anything made.

I should be able to listen to it this weekend - Bob's promised me i can start testing and evaluating, tweaking, voicing and all that we do by then.

I am stoked to actually be able to try this beauty."

Also, the UCD that Paul has mentioned using may not be, from my understanding, one of the UCD modules that have the trickle down Ncore tech in it.

However, I am sure that it will be a killer Amp at that price, what with Hypex and PS Audios front end.

He hopes for a "July" (most likely August) release.
Hifial and Kana813,

You are both correct, the target price for this dual-mono stereo amp has been raised to $4,000 from $3,000. My mistake.

I read the following quote from Paul M. in the comments section of Kana's link:

"Yes, well over half the expense is in the NL produced Hypex modules - two 1200 watt power supplies and two 700 watt modules. The PS contribution input board and the chassis form the other half.

I was really shooting for $3K but after adding up the costs that just didn't fly."

But this quote raises some questions:

1. Exactly which 700 amp modules is Paul referring to; the newest Hypex Ncore 700 modules or the older Phillips UcD 700 modules?
It's my understanding that Bruno/Hypex obtained the rights to produce and sell updated versions of the original UcD modules that contains technology Bruno had patented. If this is true, any reference to 'Hypex 700 amp modules' becomes ambiguous since it describes both the new updated Hypex UcD 700 module and the newest Hypex Ncore 700 module.

2. Again, if this is true, what are the differences in costs, applied technologies and sound qualities between the updated UcD 700 and Hypex 700 amp modules?

I know I may be splitting hairs with these distinctions, but I'd appreciate any assistance in answering the questions above. I'm starting to get confused.

Thanks,
Tim
Paul (from PS Audio) has clearly stated that his amp design will not be using the Ncore modules.
" Yes, well over half the expense is in the NL produced Hypex modules - two 1200 watt power supplies and two 700 watt modules"

"Exactly which 700 amp modules is Paul referring to"

These are Hypex switching power supplies.

However, I afree with Bill_k that for $4k MSRP, Mr.
Gowan cannot afford NCore 1200 x 2 plus their PSU x 2