Remember the Electric Light Orchestra

Anyone on this forum remember ELO? I have all of their original albums from the 70's and 80's but they are starting to show a little wear from play... Wonder why they have not re-released their best work on good quality, heavy duty vinyl? Seriously, Jeff Lynne is a bona fide musical genius.

I'm ready to re-buy all their albums!
stickman451
Not so, so long ago they (sort of) reformed under the name "The Orchestra" with original member Bev Bevan (IIRC) and a new singer - Parthenon Huxley (aka P. Hux, Rick Rock, Rick Miller). P. Hux was an early songwriting collaborator with E of Eels, and has been a longtime favorite of mine. This past July,I contaced P Hux about performing an ELO heavy set for my wife's birthday party - and he was available. In the end, we went another way, but it was fun revisiting all those old ELO tunes in the process.

BTW, I'm a fan of Jeff Lynne, but I'm not so sure that Roy Wood wasn't the real genius in this band - if only briefly.
Try the 'Out of the Blue' album, probably their best overall. 'A New World Record' is excellent also..
Wishbone Ash? Never heard of them, but love the name...

Who was the best, WA or ELO?
Agree tons of used out there. ELO was a big seller in it's time. I like the cover with the red slippers from Wizard of Oz...