PLEASE HELP ME. NEED ADVICE

Hi,
I am selling my existing system, or parts, to downsize and also I want something very "quiet". My existing system always had a slight buzz or hum when the amp was turned on. it's a conrad johnson mf2500a ss amp and a cj 18ls pre.
My old integrated krell kav300i did the same thing. It is so annoying. Why is this? Every place I've lived it's done this, and this time I used a monster hps7000 power conditioner. Do I have to live with this or is there something that is dead quiet when turned on? Looking at a musical fidelity integrated 3.5? Please help me.
128x128jdnamn97
Have you tried a cheater plug? It eliminates the ground loop hum. Most likely your problem. It's a 79cent fix.
It could very well be your ( crappy ) incoming power.. Also could be your Cable TV interfearing..?
On many occasions I've read that using a cheater plug is a potentially dangerous thing (fire hazard) therefore I've never done it except as a temporary test. Better to be safe than sorry.
Hi I would try the cheater plug which you can get from a Dollar Store 2 for $1. If that does not work I would tighten down the transformers on the chassis and place some
neat dampening blocks under it. Check your polarity to make sure it's correct. Some people will reverse the wall plug and get great results. Some people have problems with Line Conditioners too. Take it out of the loop. Sometimes your tubes may be weak and need replacing or rebiasing. Just some thoughts! Also check the tubes in the preamp. With the cover off and the volume cracked open
tap the tubes with a pencil eraser. If you hear noise coming through your speakers turn off everything and unplug the gear and clean the tube pens with an exacto knife then isopropyl alcohol and treat it with some Pro Gold, etc. If one those don't help hmmmmmm!!!!